Affirmations Are Powerful Tools
by Judee Algazi
When fatty, salty, or sugary foods make their way into your thoughts and onto your lips, it can be difficult to opt for more nutritious foods that give your body the nourishment it needs. No one has to tell you that these fatty, salty and sugary foods are not the kinds of foods that contribute to good health.
How effective is your self control? Can you talk yourself out of the temptations for comfort foods? If you need help making better food choices, practice using simple affirmations.
Affirmations help re train your conscious thinking as well as your automatic reactions. Want to stop temptation in its tracks and start making healthier food choices ? Start incorporating positive affirmations into your daily routine. When these positive messages are repeated on a regular basis, they become part of your automatic thought patterns and nothing could be easier.
Anti-temptation affirmations can not only help eliminate food cravings but they can help you learn to make healthy food and nutrition choices. When you equip yourself with these effective anti-temptation tools, you will be able to start re-focusing your mind on your greater goal of eating and becoming healthy!
The key to making better choices is to retrain your automatic thought patterns. With practice, using anti temptation affirmations may assist you in making the following positive lifestyle changes:
· Sticking to your diet
· Saying no to temptations
· Eating nourishing and satisfying foods
· Replacing the negative spiral of thoughts in your mind with powerful, positive ones.
How to get started.
If you are like most people, you know that your thoughts can trigger desires that can lead you to overeating. However, you may not be aware of how often you give in to messages to soothe your feelings with comfort foods. Comforting yourself with food is a habit that may have started such a long time ago that you may not even pay attention anymore to what triggers you to overeat! Do you realize that it may actually be your own habitual thoughts and the way that you talk to yourself that keep you on the overeating merry go round?
If you would like to break the old habits and consciously retrain yourself to form new habits, it is time to discover the powerful ten anti temptation food affirmations that can change your life.
These powerful ten anti- temptation food affirmations can help you refocus and retrain your mind to make better choices!
Affirmations are most successful when you internalize a phrase and repeat it to yourself frequently throughout the day. It may sound like work, but you need to realize that these new powerful anti-temptation food affirmations will soon replace old negative affirmations that trigger you to overeat ! So, set aside some timeeveryday to practice your new technique.
Replace old negative affirmations with New Food and Nutrition Affirmations like these:
1. I can neutralize bad habits by eating good food, exercising, and healthy living.
2. I am finding healthy ways to my satisfy myself instead of leaning on food for comfort.
3. I am losing weight for me because I love me.
4. I set aside time just for me.
5. My good health and productivity are the rewards for the nourishing foods I eat.
6. Weight gain happens over time, so my weight loss equally requires time, patience, and lifestyle changes.
7. I use self-care, not self-control.
8. The more I take care of myself, the better I feel.
9. I am firmly committed to staying active and healthy.
10. I deserve a healthy body and mind.
The ten outlined affirmations are just suggestions. You can alter them or create new ones. You can use as few as three affirmations or as many as ten or twenty. Regardless of which positive affirmations you choose, the following tips may be helpful:
1. Be Prepared. Whether you're having a good or bad eating day continuously repeat these positive statements in your mind. Don’t wait for temptation to strike; it will strike when you least expect it, so it's better to be prepared by practicing your new messages to yourself on a daily basis!
2. Write your affirmations on an index card to carry with you. Read them frequently throughout the day.
3. Practice and be repetitious. The key to making changes is to repeat the affirmations many times throughout the day. Your new automatic positive affirmations will eventually replace old destructive negative messages.
4. Stay positive. When you look at these 10 food and nutrition affirmations, they may seem like unreachable ideals - behaviors and thoughts that you only wish you could have - but each time you reaffirm them by saying them aloud and to yourself, you're slowly replacing old habits of thought and creating a new mindset. Over time, these wishful ideals can become a reality when your repeatedly practice saying them. These positive food affirmations will be the new directives that influence your thoughts and action.
A final thought: Anti temptation affirmations are powerful and can help retraining the brain so you can stop repeating old habits. Your new messages will direct you to a healthier, more nutritious lifestyle. Using anti temptation affirmations are simple to use and effective tools for making positive changes.
Why not give them a try? After all , what do you have to lose?